Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Father is Thinking of You . . .

I see you . . .  
 
I know you . . .   
 
I love you . . .
 
You are the apple of my eye, the center of My Being.

 
I remember the day you were a blotch of nothing waiting to be a something.  A lifeless form awaiting the Hand of the Designer.   I took my time as I molded each part of you.  Your hands and heart, your legs and ears, your mind and personality, your temperament.  I put a part of Me in you.  Everywhere you are I Am. 

 
 

My thoughts of you are as endless as the sand on the seashore.  You are my child, my creation, my design.  You are my bright, shining star and my love for you is everlasting. 
 

How I long for you to know Me.
 

I see how you turn away from Me to other things.  I watch you seek love in loveless, fickle beings instead of me.  I see you searching the garbage dump for hidden treasures, trading beauty for filth.  My heart breaks each time I see you wander from one empty moment to another.
 

Do you know that from the beginning of time I knew you would irreversibly turn away from me?  But that didn’t stop me from devising the most unbelievable and shocking plan the heavens have ever seen.  No one was more astounded than the angels at My grand design - the God of the Universe laying down His life for the ones He created.  And I did it - without reservation - for you! 
 

Why?  Because I’m crazy about you.  I’m smitten with you.  I want you as My own.  This love I have for you has no bounds and knows no limits.  The depth and breadth and height of my love is beyond your comprehension.  The only other love you have ever experienced has been limited, minute and insignificant but my love transcends all other love.
 

But it is your choice to accept or deny. 

 
You may know about this extravagant gift of love.  You may have even have accepted my gift.  But I feel you holding back.   Afraid.   Apprehensive.   Unsure.  What will this God ask of me, you wonder?  What will He require?

 
I see you comparing, judging, holding me up to the light of others who have loved you and let you down, who’ve broken their promises and abandoned you. 
 

Remember . . .

 
I love you with an everlasting love.

 
You are My most treasured possession.

 
I will not let you go, abandon you or break my promises to you, that’s not who I AM.

 
I long for you to Want Me.  Know Me.  Come to Me.  Surrender your very being to Me. For in the surrendering you will find life and in the knowing you will discover freedom.

 
Will you open the door of your heart to my love?  Will you step into an intimate, take-your–breath-away love relationship with the One who knows you best and loves you most?

 
I’m waiting.
 

. . . But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.   Luke 15.20 

 
Psalm 17.8 | Philippians 2.15 | Jeremiah 31.3 | Malachi 3.17 | Genesis 1.26 | Psalm 139.13-14, 17-18 | Jeremiah 9.23-24 | Revelation 3.20 | Ephesians 3.18-19

 

1 comment: