Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Remember Me . . . God!


A friend of mine said goodbye to her daughter this week.   With a kiss and prayer, she watched her journey from this world into the next.  Trusting and believing that she has stepped into the presence of the One who called her HOME.

I can’t even fathom the pain her heart is in right now.  Only those who have traveled this road of heartache understand.   As I read Psalm forty-four this week, I wondered . . . Does this echo the cry of my friend’s heart?

Get up, GOD!  Are you going to sleep all day?  Wake up!  Don’t you care what happens to us?  Why do you bury your face in the pillow?  Why pretend things are just fine with us?  And here we are – flat on our faces in the dirt, held down with a boot on our necks.  Get up and come to our rescue.  If you love us so much, HELP US!  (Psalm 44.23-26 MSG)

Isn’t this brutal honesty refreshing? This author doesn’t mince words, he doesn’t skirt around the issue.  He tells God exactly what he thinks and how he feels. And the amazing thing is . . . God doesn’t strike him dead! 

Are you in agony over a difficulty in your life?  Do you wonder if God cares?  Do you feel like He has a boot to your neck?  I encourage you to do what this Psalmist did – tell HIM.  Plain and simple.  Call it like you see it and give voice to your pain.

What will happen?  I’m not sure. . .  But I do know this.  You will turn towards Him and not away.  You will seek Him not run from Him and you will be right where God wants you . . . In His presence.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what your friend is feeling. I love that God's Word shows us that there is room for many acceptable responses from different personalities, in varied circumstances. It is not in my nature to get upset with God, but your reminder helps me to remain non-judgmental of people who might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true that is! Isn't it great that God loves us uniquely for who we are.

    ReplyDelete